ESG & Compliance Specialist
Salary: £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Working hours: 38.5 hours per week – 8am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am – 3pm on a Friday OR 8.30-5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 3.30pm on a Friday
Hybrid: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office
My exciting client based in Sunbury on Thames is looking for an ESG and Compliance Specialist to join their friendly team. The role will require you to support the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) team in promoting and implementing EHS compliance obligations within the Company. For this role applicants will need to have a recognised certified training/qualifications in ISO45001, ISO14001 and in Internal Auditing (CQI or IRCA, UKAS) along with previous solid work experience in these areas.
- Ensure compliance with international standards and legislation.
- Develop and implement procedures to meet compliance obligations.
- Promote H&S & well-being within the workplace.
- Promote the company’s commitment to reducing environmental impact.
- Perform and review risk assessments and ensure controls are effective.
- Establish, implement and maintain procedures for safe working practices.
- Perform internal audits to check policies and procedures and to facilitate continual improvement.
- Create in-house EHS training for internal stakeholders.
- Investigate incidents and maintain appropriate records.
- Keep up-to-date with industry practices and current EHS developments.
- Collect data and compile reports for environmental reporting obligations.
- Assist in external audits.
NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
ISO 45001:2018 / ISO 14001:2015 management system and internal auditor training
Solid experience with ISO 45001 & 14001management systems and auditing.
Strong communication, written and interpersonal skills.
Ability to adapt quickly.
Must have good organisational and time management skills.
Attention to detail and the ability to work within a team and cross-departmental environment.
Computer literate with experience using MS Word, Excel and SharePoint.
Subsidised public transports costs
Private medical insurance
Subsidised gym membership
Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
Employer supported volunteering