UK Candidate Attraction Survey 2018: The balance of quality v quantity- Rec Grapevine
A survey commissioned by Eploy, in association with HR & Recruitment Grapevine, will again look to understand how candidates are sourced by sector and which sourcing channels are most successful in generating the right quantity and quality of candidates.
The UK Candidate Attraction Survey 2018, now in its third year, will survey UK recruiters from both in-house and agency across various industries, sectors and size of organisation. The aims of the survey are to:
- Discover the biggest challengesin candidate sourcing
- Identify which sourcing channels provide the best quantity and quality candidates
- Compare market changes to previous years
- Identify differences within specific business sectors and company sizes
- Assess the impact of recruitment marketing tacticson candidate attraction
In-house and agency recruiters are asked to rate each of the sourcing channels they use on a regular basis for the quantity of candidates they generate and the quality of candidates they provide. Survey responses are then analysed and presented in easy to read quadrants by sourcing channel, industry and company size. Sourcing channels include Company Website/Careers Site, Professional Social Networks, Generalist Job Boards, Specialist Job Boards, Employee Referrals, CV Databases, Social Media, Employee Referrals, Print and ATS/CRM.
Last year’s report was over 60 pages and a staple reference point for recruiters. What’s more the report is available for free! If you haven’t already downloaded the 2017 report then you can do so now and examine each channel based on your company size and industry sector.
Do you think the recruitment landscape will have changed or will the key challenges remain? Some of the key findings from the 2017 report were:
- Scarcity of qualified candidates was the #1 challenge for recruiters. Although down from the previous year (70%), 62% of in-house recruiters report the lack of suitably qualified, skilled or experienced candidates is still their biggest issue.
- You can’t improve what you can’t measure. Only a third of in-house recruiters regularly measure the effectiveness of their sourcing channels. But those that do see significantly improved returns across every sourcing channel except for job boards.
- Only 50% of in-house recruiters market to their existing candidate database. We found that only half of in-house recruitment teams can match new jobs with candidates they already have in their talent CRM or ATS. Agencies rank their candidate database as the number one source for both quality and quantity – it’s the #1 source for 94% of agencies.
- Company Careers Sites improve with scale. Still the most utilised sourcing channel, used by 94% of in-house recruiters, posting jobs to your company website or dedicated careers site alone can’t be relied upon to generate the levels of candidates required – except for larger organisations.
Everyone who participates in the 2018 survey will receive a free copy of the report findings when released later in the year and will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 Amazon voucher, so don’t delay and participate today.